I ordered cabinets through direct buy and they guaranteed my satisfaction. I gave them a diagram of my kitchen with approximate measurements. The designer asked me for the measurements that I didn't have and assured me that he had everything from me that he needed to design my kitchen. I originally wanted all wood cabinets but he convinced me to buy cheaper cabinets because they would be ready faster and I was in a rush.

When the cabinets arrived in December they didn't fit. One didn't fit because he ordered a cabinet that was too big, it partially covered the window. The other didn't fit because he never asked me for a door measurement while designing it, therefore, it wouldn't fit through the door.

We took the cabinets back and showed them pictures of the cabinets that didn't fit. The manager assured me that they would reorder both cabinets and had a different designer design a totally different design that would actually fit. They said it would arrive in about 2 weeks because they were rushing the order. I called two weeks later and was told that they never ordered the cabinets because the ones that we returned were scratched from trying to get them through the door. They said that they wanted their movers to try to get in rather than accepting the cabinets back.

The movers called me and verified over the phone that the cabinets would not fit because the door frame was too small. I was again told that there would be a rush order on my cabinets and they would be there in two more weeks. I called two weeks later and was told my cabinets were in. My husband went to pick them up and there was only one box. We were told that the rest might be coming Tuesday. I called Thursday to check on the status and was told that they never placed the order. They said that they wouldn't replace the cabinet that wouldn't fit through the door because it was my fault that they didn't have a door measurement. They said that they took the kickboard off of the bottom and they were going to make us take it back. They said it should now fit through the door. It was sitting there the whole time. The woman then said that someone should have told me that awhile ago. They are not prepared to live up to their satisfaction guarantee.

I also have not saved any money because of having to eat out every day since December. I could have gone to Home Depot and spent less. I am very disappointed because I spent 5000$ on the membership and have not saved any money and have not had ANY good experiences with them. I either want new cabinets or compensation for the money I spent unnecessarily eating out while waiting on cabinets that they never intended to order.

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments

They just called me and said I was selected to be a potential winner of a $50,000 prize. They said, have you heard of us. I said yes. I realized then these where the same ripoffs I've been reading about.

Thanks to all for getting the message out about these idiots.

I'm on the Federal no call list and they called me. I'm pissed. I'm tempted to go and make their lives miserable for a while at the showroom just for kicks now that I have been invited.

I'll bring my teenagers and their friends too and let them explore the facillity and go wild.

I hate these kind of ripoff scammers!!!

Maybe we won't be invited to come anymore.

Missouri City, Texas, United States #9854

I made a complaint to our local BBB, and they said it was not within their scope to address "buyer's remorse". This is not anything close to buyer's remorse, this is an illegal, immoral, and unscrupulous company using hig-pressure "now-or-never" tactics, which by it's very definition is coercion. Follow up immediately with your local BBB, state and Federal Attorney General's Office, and if necessary, hire an attorney to research you local State Statutes that may give you specific language under the Consumer Protection Act as a way to fight these predators. Below is an excerpt from what I wrote to our local BBB that refused to take any action:

With all due respect to you and the BBB, this is not a case of "Buyer's Remorse", but moreover a case of predatory practices employed by this business to secure clientele. With regard to the business mentioned in our original letter, DirectBuy of (XYZ), we were pressured into believing that had we not joined at that moment, we would never be invited to join again. By this act, it is the very definition of "High Pressure Sales" techniques, which is our belief to be an immoral, oppressive, unethical, and unscrupulous practice as defined by Oklahoma Statutes, Title 15 - Contracts, Ch. 20, Consumer Protection Act, Sect. 752 - Definitions, 14. By utilizing this practice, they are also in violation of Oklahoma Statutes, Title 15 - Contracts, Ch. 20, Consumer Protection Act, Sect. 753 - Unlawful Practices, 20, which directly refers...

While the BBB doesn't have any legal power with this company, might I also remind you of your Vision Statement as posted on your website: "Our Vision: An ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other." Also, immediately below your Vision Statement is your Mission Statement, an excerpt including the below:

Creating a community of trustworthy businesses

Setting standards for marketplace trust

Encouraging and supporting best practices

Celebrating marketplace role models, and;

Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior

By and with your failure to take any corrective action and communicating to this company their violation of State Statutes, you may as well be aiding and abetting a criminal enterprise. I sincerely hope this is not the case, and that you will reconsider you voluntary choice of inaction.

Believe it or not, I AM NOT an attorney, just someone that gets mad and starts looking at what I can do to stop this kind of thing. My best wishes to all of you that have been taken for the ride and victimized by this company. Please research you local laws and statutes, and don't let the BBB tell you "No". Take action, that is what America is about!

Leander, Texas, United States #9744

PLEASE, to all those who have complaints, please report to your state Attorney General's Office, as well as the US Attorney General's Office. If enough people complain, they will look into this company's shoddy practices and do something about it! It's all online to fill out, PLEASE do it now!!!

Altura, Minnesota, United States #3671

I got 2 different estimates from menards and hobo for my maple kitchen cabinets and they were about 3800.00 I was exited to think that once I got my estimate from direct buy it would be same thing for less money or better quality for same money. I was totally dissapointed to find out that for the same maple cabinets and just one upgrade for a glaze they gave me an estimate of over 8,000.00!!!! they are a scam!!!!

Edmore, Michigan, United States #3359

I bought blinds from Direct Buy and I noticed they were damaged once I got them home.Direct Buy would not take them back.

The customer service there is horrible.It's better to save your money and shop at Lowe's or Home Depot!