My husband and I just came from a Direct Buy orientation.Oh my GOSH, it was a total waste of time.

Had to sit through 20 minutes of sales pitch, 2 video's and then another 30 minute sales pitch. Basically, it comes down to buy from me now or never come back again. They wanted $6,000 for a three year membership with an additional $200 every year after that!! I would have never have gone if I new that was the case.

I even told them that no one ever stated this to me before I came. They said that I didn't read their brochure so that was my fault! Well that isn't a great way to win me over by blaming me for a misconception that is written in such a way that you can't help but be unaware of what you are walking into! We walked out amazed that people actually bought into this!

If this was such a "great deal" wouldn't every one be doing it??? I don't know of a single person who belongs. I don't care what any one says, $6,000 is a hefty price tag that I couldn't swallow no matter how much sugar you put on it. I guess if you are just starting a HUGE renovation then this might work for you but I can't see it for buying just onesie twosies things.

So I hope this is a heads up to anyone thinking of going to one of there sales pitches.

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments

for everyone reading..the dues are $5,590 plus a $200 a year renewal fee..

this fee goes to the owner. a mere fraction of it goes to the corporate office, so if you join, you are only helping this greed invested pig stay in the lifestyle she manipulated her way into in the first place. She stabbed many co-workers to get into her position and then reduced employees down to minimum wage so she could spend in excess of $85K on personal luxuries within a 6-month period. oh and did I mention she had her accountant zero out the books to show as having not made any profits?

Do not JOIN DIRECTBUY of SJ...There is an ongoing investigation about how she 'fixed' the books, pocketed the money but that she supposedly donated to charity. She is a lier and a thief. Do not JOIN, you have been warned. there's a good handful of people waiting for her judgment day..

it's coming!

You cannot keep stabbing people in the back and have things remain status quo.This franchise is all about the greed and deceit.

oh but wait..if the IRS will just investigate a little bit further to find out how the NJ now owner became owner..

through manipulation and deception.. ask this person how is it she sold furniture off the floor, without receipts, pocketed the money and told the company and the manufacturers that she donated the stuff to good will.. is that how she 'fixed' the books.. well, believe it or not there are written documents from employees stating what has taken place.

At least 3 people have claimed that this was the practice of the person who calls herself the owner. She needs to be shut down.

I can only guess that at this point in time that NJ facility has the WORST record in the country for membership enrollments.It's only a matter of time before Karma hits this snot right in the face like she deserves!

Many, Louisiana, United States #20889

My fiance and I also went to an orientation and I was very surprised by the price of the membership as well.My fiance gave him his debit card and he post-dated it for over 2 weeks away because it would be that long before he had money in the bank.

The salesman said that if anything came up in the meantime to just let him know and he would take care of it. This was on Wed. June, 16. By the weekend we knew we didn't want or need it and couldn't really afford it.

We tried several days to call him but he never would answer his phone. When we finally did reach him, he said he would get with his manager and see what he could do. We never heard back from him. My fiance called a week later and he never returned our calls.

I feel completely misled. No, I didn't read the fine print when my fiance signed the finance papers for the membership fee. I was just going on what the salesman told us.

Maybe I was just confused.Has anyone else been through anything like this?

Missouri City, Texas, United States #9865

I made a complaint to our local BBB, and they said it was not within their scope to address "buyer's remorse". This is not anything close to buyer's remorse, this is an illegal, immoral, and unscrupulous company using hig-pressure "now-or-never" tactics, which by it's very definition is coercion. Follow up immediately with your local BBB, state and Federal Attorney General's Office, and if necessary, hire an attorney to research you local State Statutes that may give you specific language under the Consumer Protection Act as a way to fight these predators. Below is an excerpt from what I wrote to our local BBB that refused to take any action:

With all due respect to you and the BBB, this is not a case of "Buyer's Remorse", but moreover a case of predatory practices employed by this business to secure clientele. With regard to the business mentioned in our original letter, DirectBuy of (XYZ), we were pressured into believing that had we not joined at that moment, we would never be invited to join again. By this act, it is the very definition of "High Pressure Sales" techniques, which is our belief to be an immoral, oppressive, unethical, and unscrupulous practice as defined by Oklahoma Statutes, Title 15 - Contracts, Ch. 20, Consumer Protection Act, Sect. 752 - Definitions, 14. By utilizing this practice, they are also in violation of Oklahoma Statutes, Title 15 - Contracts, Ch. 20, Consumer Protection Act, Sect. 753 - Unlawful Practices, 20, which directly refers...

While the BBB doesn't have any legal power with this company, might I also remind you of your Vision Statement as posted on your website: "Our Vision: An ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other." Also, immediately below your Vision Statement is your Mission Statement, an excerpt including the below:

Creating a community of trustworthy businesses

Setting standards for marketplace trust

Encouraging and supporting best practices

Celebrating marketplace role models, and;

Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior

By and with your failure to take any corrective action and communicating to this company their violation of State Statutes, you may as well be aiding and abetting a criminal enterprise. I sincerely hope this is not the case, and that you will reconsider you voluntary choice of inaction.

Believe it or not, I AM NOT an attorney, just someone that gets mad and starts looking at what I can do to stop this kind of thing. My best wishes to all of you that have been taken for the ride and victimized by this company. Please research you local laws and statutes, and don't let the BBB tell you "No". Take action, that is what America is about!

Leander, Texas, United States #9746

PLEASE, to all those who have complaints, please report to your state Attorney General's Office, as well as the US Attorney General's Office. If enough people complain, they will look into this company's shoddy practices and do something about it! It's all online to fill out, PLEASE do it now!!!