We went into the Direct Buy presentation expecting the worst. However we were treated with respect and never pressured. We purchased kitchen cabinets from Direct Buy.....we saved over $10,000 on this large purchase alone. We had priced the same cabinets at a local cabinet "wholesaler" and knew what our local best price was. The design service provided by Direct Buy was quite helpful...all cabinets arrived within the promised date range.

The down side of buying from direct buy is the waiting period required after ordering your merchandise.

I know I have recouped my initial investment from Direct Buy and then some.

If you do not plan on a major project the savings from direct buy will probably not offset the membership.

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments

Why would someone "happy" or "thrilled" with Direct Buy be visiting a website for pissed off consumers?Think about that one.

Could it be Direct Buy trolling the internet and trying to save face with consumers by posting good reviews.Happy consumers wouldn't waste their time defending this sham operation, but I'd bet Direct Buy would.

Went to the Direct Buy in Las Vegas and a Gayy Fagg that would not stop staring at my husband.Big Fat, White hair guy with sausage fingers named Mike Yearty sold me a $5000 membership and I have not saved my membership yet.

They say they are lower but the pricing is not that much lower. We have compared and found many of times some retail stores are very close in pricing. We don't have to wait 10-20 weeks for delivery and pay just 5% more or less. The service staff is wonderful but not worth the money.

The Guy Mike Yearty would not let me cancel my membership. They say you can cancel but they ignored my calls so I would pass the recision period.

I was excited about the examples they showed me but I came to find out that the pricing is so much similar to retail that I don't waste my time.I wasted 5,000 well let's say $10,000 after the interest on financing the membership with Direct Buy in Las Vegas.

Went to the Direct Buy in Las Vegas and a *** Big Fat, White hair guy with sausage fingers named Mike Yearty sold me a $5000 membership and I have not saved my membership yet.They say they are lower but the pricing is not that much lower.

We have compared and found many of times some retail stores are very close in pricing. We don't have to wait 10-20 weeks for delivery and pay just 5% more or less. The service staff is wonderful but not worth the money. The Guy Mike would not let me cancel my membership.

They say you can cancel but they ignored my calls so I would pass the recision period. I was excited about the examples they showed me but I came to find out that the pricing is so much similar to retail that I don't waste my time.

I wasted 5,000 well let's say $10,000 after the interest on financing the membership with Direct Buy in Las Vegas.:( :( :zzz :upset

Direct Buy.

This is a scam. Period. You end up paying a huge upfront money for the membership and then you pay periodically in lieu of the promised savings off the retail price of their world of merchandises.

We were invited to attend their meeting/information session and after elaborate videos and testimonies in an 35 minute performance we were offered of buy their membership that was several thousands to start with. We were not prepared to spend that kind of money although the concept seemed attractive and asked for time to get back to them. They got aggressive and told us that this would be our last chance to enter in their membership. We of course did not like their under the gun approach and walked. Here is the common sense summary of this scheme. Yes this is a scheme. You pay a substantial money to get locked into their membership. You are restricted to their catalogs and the choice of their products. You are dependent on their view of the discount you are supposed to get. Truth is if you are thrifty and are a careful shopper, you would not ever want to be in this situation.

One more thing. I noticed that most of the reviews are sell outs and artificial. How can someone say with conviction that I save soooooomuch money with confidence. It can only be a probability. The informercialratings.com and their cousin infomercialscams.com both endorses this product are in business to sell the infomercials. So it does not help their cause to print...

Just use your head and stay away from Direct Buy.

My husband and I recently built a very large (10,000 sq ft) home and, while we did not purchase any building materials from DirectBuy, we purchased all categories of furniture (home theater furniture and AV equipment, family room custom leather sectional sofa, patio "chat pit" with gas log table, occasional furniture for various rooms, bedding, refrigerator for game room, washer/dryer for second laundry room, freezer) and 6500 sq ft of carpeting.The membership fee ($4000) represents about 10% of the amount we SAVED from DirectBuy.

We were in our local store so often the customer service people knew us by name; we were even approached to do one of those infomercials as one of their best customers! While I do not agree with most of the complaints on this forum, I do want to reiterate what one person said - when you sign on, you are signing a legal contract and if you don't read all the fine print, you're the fool. We knew going in exactly what to expect as my cousin had highly recommended the company to us (retired military AND Republicans! Ha!) and, since we had been planning this home for 2 years, we had also shopped around for most of the purchases we ended up making.

We have been THRILLED with DirectBuy and highly recommend it to anyone planning either a new home construction or a major remodel.Unles you are going to be spending lots of money (at least $25K), I don't think the initial membership fee would be worth it to you.

Jannali, New South Wales, Australia #25973

Like the message above, I shopped around locally before joining DB.I spent just over $12K for great Omega cabinets as compared to $19K for Thomasville cabinets from Home Depot.

And the HD price doesn't include the 20% extra they wanted for plywood boxes instead of the standard MDF. So that purchase alone made for my two year membership with money left over. I also saved a lot on the wood floor I had installed in the remodeled kitchen. The best price I could find anywhere for the flooring I purchased was over $3/sq.

ft more than I paid through DB.That being said, savings on items such as applicances, electronics and plumbing supplies are marginal at best and often lower prices are found online.

Springwood, New South Wales, Australia #24444

To Hopeful:

Most of what I've heard about directbuy is that in order to actually save money, you have to buy over 50grand worth of stuff. If you plan on making a major renovation from scratch, then chances are you'll save a few grand, but the customer service sucks(from what I've seen).

Linwood, North Carolina, United States #24124

To "Hopeful" - I know you will save a TON since you are basically redoing your entire house.I bought a bedroom set, dining room set, sofa, chair, tables, small appliances, and rugs and saved well over $25k (versus an initial fee of $2700 - this was several years ago).

Even if your initial fee is $5k, you will get that back in NO time.Good luck!

Murray, Nebraska, United States #23859

I am worried as well about the ratio of negative and positive reviews.My husband and I have signed on to restore our house after a major fire.

I am looking from roof to flooring here.

Everything....I will check in and let you all know how it goes.

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia #23532

I too have had a great experience with DB. I have a feeling it all depends on the owners. Because this is a franchise business, some owners will take advantage of people, unfortunately just to get the sale. Thats why you'll notice a difference in the initial fees. Like the writer states above, unless you are doing some heavy duty renos, or in need of a complete furniture makeover, or a regular Ikea-type shopper, your not going to see a huge benefit to being a member.

I have saved my membership fee ($3500) and then some between a new living room set, bedroom set, countertops, central vac, interior doors, car tires, movie theater tickets, and now we plan to redo our hardwood.

My advice to those who are considering going to an open house, really take a long look at your financial situation and then decide if this is really going to be worth it.

And secondly, you are signing a legal contract. I honestly expect that you're going to read what your signing. A lot of the complaints I've read have been about these two issues.