My husband and I joined Direct Buy as we were installing a kitchen. We were very happy with our kitchen cabinets, the designer and the discount we received on countertops; however, buying furniture or anything else is a real hassle.

You must investigate and order items on your own. We spend hours at the showroom looking through catalogs only to get so confused and frustrated with the process that we usually go home not placing an order or worrying over the order we placed.

I ordered a bedroom set and because I was off the model number by one digit I got a headboard for a queen size bed but I own a king size bed. No returns are allowed.

Our biggest problem was delivery. At the time we purchased, our franchise was just starting up (Allentown, PA area). They did not have a delivery truck and were renting a U-haul passing the expense on to the consumers. When I complained to the manager he okayed a discount on my delivery order. The shipping manager (evidently a third party) would not accept my negotiated shipping quote and wanted to overcharge for delivery of an expensive, heavy kitchen appliance. We ended up doing the delivery ourselves and had a real mishap.

Ask questions, know what you want and if you are not putting in a new kitchen or bathroom Direct Buy probably will not be worth the membership fee.

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments

DirectBuy sounds like a snob club to me.Paying $5000-7000 membership fee to gain exclusive entrance to shop for items less than retail, which really isn't when there's added costs.

People, support your local small business owner instead.

Better yet, DIY. Learn trade skills, it's more fun that way & you learn things so that you don't get duped by the likes of Direct Buy.

Go to Home Depot and take one of their classes or ask a carpenter and hire them for two hours a week for a few weeks to learn the trade.You also build network and meet business owners who sells materials and furniture for a lot less.

Leander, Texas, United States #9742

PLEASE, to all those who have complaints, please report to your state Attorney General's Office, as well as the US Attorney General's Office. If enough people complain, they will look into this company's shoddy practices and do something about it! It's all online to fill out, PLEASE do it now!!!