We are going to do some home remodeling and saw there was a Direct Buy in Fresno. We scheduled to attend one of their "REQUIRED" Seminars. After checking into what Direct Buy really was all about, we decided it wasn't for us. The day after scheduling to attend the "Seminar" the phone calls started. We have Caller ID and didn't answer the phone and they didn't leave a message on the answering machine. Within 30 minutes they called 10 times! This continued up until the day before the "Seminar" when someone did actually leave a message reminding us to attend.

The next afternoon was our "Special Reserved Appointment" for their "Required Seminar" and the phone started ringing at 8AM. Someone kept calling every 30 minutes until 6PM, 2 hours after the "Seminar" started. Not ONE message was left on our answering machine just hang ups. This continued for the next two weeks!

Finally having enough of the constant phone calls I happened to be home when someone called. I politely asked them to stop calling us and that we were no longer interested in their business as it didn't suit our needs. Of course the high pressure sales pitch started and I repeated that we were not interested and to not call us. The woman said she would take our name off the list but if we changed our mind they "Might be able to accept our membership".

Another two weeks of phone calls and hang ups my husband found a corporate number and informed them what had been occuring with their Fresno store.

The calls finally have stopped AFTER 3 MONTHS!

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments

We had the same experience, I had filled out the online application form, then read about the company online.Needless to say, we decided to stay away from DB.

The phone calls went on for months. We would answer and tell them we were not interested.

The callers then would try to strong arm us into joining by telling us how foolish we were not to to become members, and what would we have to loose from just going to the presentation.Eventually when I saw them on called ID, I would just pick up and hang up.

Leander, Texas, United States #9731

PLEASE, to all those who have complaints, please report to your state Attorney General's Office, as well as the US Attorney General's Office. If enough people complain, they will look into this company's shoddy practices and do something about it! It's all online to fill out, PLEASE do it now!!!