This is by far the worst company I have ever worked with and regret every falling for their sales pitch and paying an exorbitant amount of money for a membership.

Two years ago my husband and I went to a sales presentation that promised massive savings on everything from furniture to wedding presents. Knowing we would be buying a house in the near future we were duped into thinking we would save a lot of money on furniture and items for renovation.

For the first year I tried using the membership to buy wedding presents or baby gifts and everything took 6+ weeks to ship and most items wouldn't even ship to home, they would only ship to the store. At most I would save $15 on the items I was looking at it wasn't worth the gas or the time to drive 1 hour each way to their store so I resorted to purchasing the gifts on Amazon and Macys who had great deals and would ship to my house.

After two years of never being able to use the membership I wrote a letter asking for a refund stating that the savings promised were deceptive etc. After 1 month of my letter going unanswered I finally called the store trying to speak with the manager. I left 10+ messages for him and finally after a week of calling and having to demand to speak with him did he ever answer my call. I brought up my request for a refund and he advised he saw the letter and set it aside and was too busy to respond. They were short staffed and he couldn't find the time in four weeks to even acknowledge my letter which only proves their terrible customer service. To my dismay they were unable to refund us and promised to work with us and help us find savings now that we were looking to furnish our new house. He assured me the sales staff could help us find items that would ship to our home in 1 week. So trying to make the best of it we went to their store to order a refrigerator. Our new house didn't have one and the sales staff promised the one we ordered would be delivered in 1 week... so we ordered it and went over three weeks without a fridge.

We then needed a washer and dryer and after spending hours trying to find good deals on their site we ended up finding it cheaper at best buy and they could get it delivered that week vs. the 4 weeks we would have to wait with DirectBuy. The problem with DirectBuy is you only save money on items over $1,500. Anything under that you can find cheaper elsewhere with free and faster shipping.

We then tried to buy baby furniture from them and they only carried 5 brands and they were very expensive. I was about to buy a furniture set from them for close to $1,800 and over 6 weeks delivery (it would be coming after baby was born) but my sister knocked some sense into me and I ordered it on Amazon for a fraction of the price and free and immediate shipping.

We went in again to try and buy a rug. After hours at the store looking at books for rugs they didn't have the pricing on the rugs we were interested in. Now two weeks later I am still trying to get the pricing from them for the rugs.

The time, aggrevation and poor customer service is not worth it. I cringe every time I think of the money I spent.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of direct buy membership. Direct Buy needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned direct buy membership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Direct Buy.

Had an Experience with Direct Buy?

Comments